Old 02-13-2009, 11:26 PM
Oscar Corte

Default email accounts for exim4

Hi all:

*

I just installed exim4 in order to set a local intranet email server.

*

I understand that users should be added in order to have their email account, but I have a couple of questions:

*

Do they have to be in the Debian-exim group?

*

Do they need to have a /home/newuser directory?

*

Thanks in advance for any hints

*

Oscar Corte

Old 02-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Ron Johnson

I just installed exim4 in order to set a local intranet email server.

I understand that users should be added in order to have their email
account, but I have a couple of questions:

Do they have to be in the Debian-exim group?

Probably not.

Do they need to have a /home/newuser directory?

I *think* that exim can interface with mysql. This would be for
virtual hosts at colocation sites, etc.

However, giving each user an account on the mail server is surly the
easiest way to set things up.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

Supporting World Peace Through Nuclear Pacification