Old 02-13-2009, 02:25 AM
Marc Shapiro

Default Replacement for Dillo web browser

Is there a light-weight browser that does not have a huge list of
dependencies?

I had been using dillo for things like reading html documentation and
other light-weight tasks, but then I upgraded to Lenny. Dillo is not
available in Lenny. It is still in Etch and in Sid, but not Lenny. I
do NOT use KDE, or GNOME and so am not interested in browsers like
Konqueror, which would require many KDE packages to be installed. I
spent a lot of time eliminating all traces of KDE from my machine, since
artsd kept messing with my audio, so I have no desire to bring it all
back in.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com

Old 02-13-2009, 02:33 AM
Celejar

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 19:25:50 -0800
Marc Shapiro <mshapiro_42@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is there a light-weight browser that does not have a huge list of
> dependencies?
>
> I had been using dillo for things like reading html documentation and
> other light-weight tasks, but then I upgraded to Lenny. Dillo is not
> available in Lenny. It is still in Etch and in Sid, but not Lenny. I
> do NOT use KDE, or GNOME and so am not interested in browsers like
> Konqueror, which would require many KDE packages to be installed. I
> spent a lot of time eliminating all traces of KDE from my machine, since
> artsd kept messing with my audio, so I have no desire to bring it all
> back in.

Midori?

Celejar

Old 02-13-2009, 03:24 AM
Marc Shapiro

Celejar wrote:

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 19:25:50 -0800
Is there a light-weight browser that does not have a huge list of
dependencies?

I had been using dillo for things like reading html documentation and
other light-weight tasks, but then I upgraded to Lenny. Dillo is not
available in Lenny. It is still in Etch and in Sid, but not Lenny. I
do NOT use KDE, or GNOME and so am not interested in browsers like
Konqueror, which would require many KDE packages to be installed. I
spent a lot of time eliminating all traces of KDE from my machine, since
artsd kept messing with my audio, so I have no desire to bring it all
back in.

Apparently in Sid, but not in Lenny, or Etch.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com