Old 02-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Ink Bottle

Default request to try something with midori

Hi,
can you try something?
start midori www.google.com;
then click on video;
wait;
don't click to start the "large" video (it would work);
instead of it click on a small one

Is it all right for you?

InkBottle

I get this (gdb midori)
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/nss/libfreebl3.so...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/nss/libfreebl3.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/nss/libnssckbi.so...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/nss/libnssckbi.so
0xb6de850d in poll () from /lib/libc.so.6
(gdb) c
Continuing.

[Switching to Thread 0xb5745720 (LWP 25020)]
0xb2d557b1 in ?? () from /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/flash-mozilla.so
(gdb) bt
#0 0xb2d557b1 in ?? () from /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/flash-mozilla.so
#1 0xb2d4b4d1 in ?? () from /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/flash-mozilla.so
#2 0xb2d4fcf4 in ?? () from /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/flash-mozilla.so
#3 0xb39d69e0 in ?? ()
#4 0xb39d69e8 in ?? ()
#5 0xbf94e3c8 in ?? ()
#6 0xb7801764 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libwebkit-1.0.so.1
#7 0xbf94e398 in ?? ()
#8 0xb7801764 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libwebkit-1.0.so.1
#9 0xbf94e3a8 in ?? ()
#10 0xb7338e3c in ?? () from /usr/lib/libwebkit-1.0.so.1
#11 0xb39d69e0 in ?? ()
#12 0xb39d69e8 in ?? ()
#13 0x00000000 in ?? ()
(gdb) c
Continuing.

Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
The program no longer exists.
(gdb) quit

Old 02-13-2009, 11:25 PM
Chris Burkhardt

Ink Bottle wrote:
> Hi,
> can you try something?
> start midori www.google.com;
> then click on video;
> wait;
> don't click to start the "large" video (it would work);
> instead of it click on a small one
>
> Is it all right for you?

Yes, I can play the small videos on that page fine. I'm using midori 0.1.2 (from
Lenny).

However I think midori is set to use /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/flash-mozilla.so
as its flash plugin, which on my computer points to
/usr/lib/gnash/libgnashplugin.so. So maybe your segfault only happens with the
adobe plugin? Try Gnash and see if that fixes it.

Do you know a way to change where midori looks for its plugins?

- Chris B

Old 02-14-2009, 01:15 AM
Ink Bottle

thanks a lot
Well I've already sent a bug report :-
#515159
--- On Sat, 2/14/09, Chris Burkhardt <chris@mretc.net> wrote:

> Yes, I can play the small videos on that page fine. I'm
> using midori 0.1.2 (from
> Lenny).
>
> However I think midori is set to use
> /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/flash-mozilla.so
> as its flash plugin, which on my computer points to
> /usr/lib/gnash/libgnashplugin.so. So maybe your segfault
> only happens with the
> adobe plugin? Try Gnash and see if that fixes it.
>
> Do you know a way to change where midori looks for its
> plugins?
yes
update-alternatives --config flash-mozilla.so

first I was using
/usr/lib/flashplayer-mozilla/libflashplayer.so
which is not the non free version
then I used the swfdec-mozilla

You say the videos works for you,
and you uses gnash.
What version, what plugin?

InkBottle

Old 02-14-2009, 01:44 AM
Ink Bottle

Thanks for the info about gnash
It works perfectly with midori on certain sites
but not on google-video; don't know why since it works for you :-

Old 02-14-2009, 06:31 AM
Chris Burkhardt

Ink Bottle wrote:
>> Do you know a way to change where midori looks for its
>> plugins?
> yes
> update-alternatives --config flash-mozilla.so

Thanks. I switched it to /usr/lib/swfdec-mozilla/libswfdecmozilla.so and tried
again -- and that also played the videos fine! Maybe even better.

So let's try to figure out where our systems differ. I have the following
packages installed:

midori 0.1.2-1
mozilla-plugin-gnash 0.8.3-6
swfdec-mozilla 0.6.0-4

In your bug report you mention "swfdec-mozilla 0.8.2-1" which is only in Sid. If
you are using that with the Lenny version of midori, that might be the cause of
your segfaults.

- Chris B

Old 02-14-2009, 06:38 AM
Chris Burkhardt

Chris Burkhardt wrote:
> In your bug report you mention "swfdec-mozilla 0.8.2-1" which is only in Sid. If
> you are using that with the Lenny version of midori, that might be the cause of
> your segfaults.

Well nevermind, because you said you were getting the segfaults with the
non-free flash plugin. What version of that do you have installed?

- Chris B

Old 02-16-2009, 11:55 AM
Ink Bottle

(I cat the two mails you sended)
--- On Sat, 2/14/09, Chris Burkhardt <chris@mretc.net> wrote:

> I switched it to
> /usr/lib/swfdec-mozilla/libswfdecmozilla.so and tried
> again -- and that also played the videos fine! Maybe even
> better.
>
> So let's try to figure out where our systems differ. I
I agree

> have the following
> packages installed:
>
> midori 0.1.2-1
> mozilla-plugin-gnash 0.8.3-6
> swfdec-mozilla 0.6.0-4

apt-cache policy midori mozilla-plugin-gnash swfdec-mozilla flashplayer-mozilla
midori:
Installed: 0.1.2-1
Candidate: 0.1.2-1
mozilla-plugin-gnash:
Installed: 0.8.4-2
Candidate: 0.8.4-2
Version table:
swfdec-mozilla:
Installed: 0.8.2-1
Candidate: 0.8.2-1
Version table:
flashplayer-mozilla:
Installed: (none)
Candidate: 1:10.0.15.3-0.1

> In your bug report you mention "swfdec-mozilla
> 0.8.2-1" which is only in Sid. If
At the time when I've done the installation of midori
there were no midori package in Lenny !!
(so the sid version is the only available at now)
> you are using that with the Lenny version of midori, that
> might be the cause of
> your segfaults.
>
> - Chris B

--- On Sat, 2/14/09, Chris Burkhardt <chris@mretc.net> wrote:

> Well nevermind, because you said you were getting the
> segfaults with the
> non-free flash plugin. What version of that do you have
> installed?
Someone said non-free, and maybe I repeated it, but in fact I had
the
flashplayer-mozilla (see upward)
and it's in main.
(As you can see I remooved it, but only to be sure
it was not it that was used (for tests))

Just to give you more informations:
update-alternatives --config flash-mozilla.so
There are 2 alternatives which provide `flash-mozilla.so'.
Selection Alternative
+ 1 /usr/lib/swfdec-mozilla/libswfdecmozilla.so
* 2 /usr/lib/gnash/libgnashplugin.so

So for the moment it doesn't seg_fault (with gnash)
It doesn't very well play the google-youtube video neither,
but that's an other problem

The problem, both with swfdec-mozilla and flashplayer-mozilla,
was (repeat) when changing the video or trying to play the "small"
video.
It was appening both with google-youtube or any other
site.

Ink Bottle

Old 02-16-2009, 05:12 PM
Chris Burkhardt

Ink Bottle wrote:
>> have the following
>> packages installed:
>>
>> midori 0.1.2-1
>> mozilla-plugin-gnash 0.8.3-6
>> swfdec-mozilla 0.6.0-4
>
> apt-cache policy midori mozilla-plugin-gnash swfdec-mozilla flashplayer-mozilla
> midori:
> Installed: 0.1.2-1
> Candidate: 0.1.2-1
> mozilla-plugin-gnash:
> Installed: 0.8.4-2
> Candidate: 0.8.4-2
> Version table:
> swfdec-mozilla:
> Installed: 0.8.2-1
> Candidate: 0.8.2-1
> Version table:
> flashplayer-mozilla:
> Installed: (none)
> Candidate: 1:10.0.15.3-0.1

I've upgraded my mozilla-plugin-gnash. Now we each have identical versions of
all these packages.

>> In your bug report you mention "swfdec-mozilla
>> 0.8.2-1" which is only in Sid. If
> At the time when I've done the installation of midori
> there were no midori package in Lenny !!
> (so the sid version is the only available at now)

Oh you are right! My mistake.

[...]
> So for the moment it doesn't seg_fault (with gnash)
> It doesn't very well play the google-youtube video neither,
> but that's an other problem
>
> The problem, both with swfdec-mozilla and flashplayer-mozilla,
> was (repeat) when changing the video or trying to play the "small"
> video.
> It was appening both with google-youtube or any other
> site.

I still have no problems whether flash-mozilla.so is configured to point to
gnash or swfdec. I can play the small videos and repeat any video.

Okay, I kept messing around before I sent the above, and I can now reproduce
your segfaults. I had the adobe flash plugin installed (from the Adobe website)
for Firefox, and it seems that even though I set the flash-mozilla alternative
to swfdec/gnash it was still finding that. I moved my ~/.mozilla directory out
of the way, and now I get the segfault with swfdec when I click a small video
from the google page just like you. Gnash doesn't crash -- but it doesn't play
any of the videos either.

- Chris B

Old 02-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Ink Bottle

Thank you very much for your help
I found exactly the same results.
So now, though it's not a solution, we have
a very reproducible problem. And even different
cases where it behave the same or not the same.
Since you English is far much better than mine
maybe you could add the last few lines of this post
to the bug report.
(Sometimes I realy feel what I say wont be understood
at all)
Thank you again,

Ink Bottle

Old 02-17-2009, 04:22 AM
Chris Burkhardt

Ink Bottle wrote:
> Thank you very much for your help
> I found exactly the same results.
> So now, though it's not a solution, we have
> a very reproducible problem. And even different
> cases where it behave the same or not the same.
> Since you English is far much better than mine
> maybe you could add the last few lines of this post
> to the bug report.

I recompiled swfdec-mozilla with debugging symbols and sent a backtrace to your
bug report. The problem is somewhere with swfdec-mozilla or libwebkit, because
epiphany-webkit with swfdec has the same issue.

> (Sometimes I realy feel what I say wont be understood
> at all)

Sometimes I feel the same way... and I'm a native English speaker

So now hopefully someone with good debugging skills notices the bug report and
figures it out.

- Chris B