Old 02-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Nagy Daniel

Default hostname & how to empty dns

Hi [again :S]

Just two questions:

1 - When I use Debian [when a normal router does the DHCP for it] - from the routers DHCP client list, I only see a "*" for hostname [for the Debian PC], and I saw it several times now. Am I missing a package? Why can't the router see the hostname for the Linux PC? [Normal DVD install, Debian Lenny]

2 - How could I empty the local DNS cache under Debian [or generally under Linux] - Restart networking? [/etc/init.d/networking restart?]

Thank you!

Regards

david