Old 02-14-2009, 09:22 AM
Chris Bannister

Default Wich e-mail server to choose?

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 09:43:59PM -0500, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> is exim4 a placeholder??

No, its a meta package.
root@box:~# apt-cache show exim4
[..]
Exim (v4) is a mail transport agent. exim4 is the metapackage depending
on the essential components for a basic exim4 installation.

The man page for apt-cache has a lot of helpful info.

> rc exim4-daemon-light 4.69-6
> lightweight Exim MTA (v4) daemon

You may want to clean this up.

--
Chris.
======

Old 02-14-2009, 10:35 AM
Paul Cartwright

On Sat February 14 2009, Chris Bannister wrote:
> > rc *exim4-daemon-light * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *4.69-6 * * *
> > * * * * * * * * * * * * lightweight Exim MTA (v4) daemon
>
> You may want to clean this up.

I'm not sure what you mean. what does the "rc" mean, and what should I do?

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800

Old 02-14-2009, 09:24 PM