Old 02-11-2009, 03:19 AM
Zach Uram

Default apache2 vhost error

I'm trying to add a name-based virtual host in apache2 on my debian
etch system.

Here is my vhost config:

/etc/apache2/sites-available/darcs

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName darcs.jesujuva.org
ServerAlias darcs.jesujuva.org
DocumentRoot /var/www/darcs
ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log
TransferLog /var/log/apache2/access.log
</VirtualHost>

I then created a link in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled:

ln -s /etc/apache2/sites-available/darcs /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/darcs

And I restarted apache and it complains:

[Tue Feb 10 11:56:03 2009] [error] VirtualHost *:80 -- mixing * ports
and non-* ports with a NameVirtualHost address is not supported,
proceeding with undefined results.

I used this *exact* same setup on my old VPS host with apache2 and it
worked! How can I fix this?

I even tried removing the "*:80" but then it complains:
<VirtualHost> directive requires additional arguments
failed

I don't see why it says I am mixing ports!

I am running: ii apache2-mpm-prefork 2.2.3-4+etch6
Traditional model for Apache HTTPD 2.1

Zach

Old 02-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Michael Iatrou

When the date was Wednesday 11 February 2009, Zach Uram wrote:

> I'm trying to add a name-based virtual host in apache2 on my debian
> etch system.
>
> Here is my vhost config:
>
> /etc/apache2/sites-available/darcs
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>