Old 02-10-2009, 11:16 AM
PierPaolo

Default grub error in fresh installation lenny

Noway. Grub legacy, Grub2... The boot up procedure from the bios ends, respectively, in "Grub error 22", or in a page full of "GRUBGRUBGRUBGRUB"
I'm trying to install lenny 32 on an athlon xp 2.600+

some hints?
--
« Affarismo, egomania, consorterie, disprezzo dell'opinione pubblica, stupiditą arrogante connotano i sistemi moribondi » -- F.C.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Angus Auld

> Noway. Grub legacy, Grub2... The boot up procedure from the
> bios ends,
> respectively, in "Grub error 22", or in a page
> full of "GRUBGRUBGRUBGRUB"
> I'm trying to install lenny 32 on an athlon xp 2.600+
> some hints?
>
> --
> « Affarismo, egomania, consorterie, disprezzo
> dell'opinione pubblica,
> stupiditą arrogante connotano i sistemi moribondi » --
> F.C.
> --
I don't know specifically what your problem may be, but I tried updating grub legacy to grub2 on a running lenny install, and was left with a system that would not boot.

I'm uncertain from your post if you are trying to use grub legacy or grub2, but there is/was a clear warning that grub2 is a work in progress, and that breakage should be expected. I have stayed with grub legacy and have not had any problems at all. I'm not sure what possible advantage grub2 might offer over grub legacy anyway. I've just stayed with what works for me.

Hopefully someone else can offer you more advice on how to get grub2(?) to work.

Best regards.

--
Angus

"All churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Muslim, appear
to me no other than human inventions, setup to terrify and
enslave mankind - and to monopolize power and profit."
--
Thomas Paine (1737-1809)

###Laptop powered by Debian Linux###
######Reg. Linux User #278931######