FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Carlos Parada
 
Default /etc/issue still showing "Lenny" after upgrading to Sid...

Hi, I've recently upgrading my Debian flavour from Testing to Unstable but I'm still getting reference to Lenny:

carlos@debian:~$ cat /etc/issue
Debian GNU/Linux 5.0
l

carlos@debian:~$ lsb_release -a

No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:*** Debian
Description:*** Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 (lenny)
Release:*** 5.0
Codename:*** lenny


By the way, here is my sources.list in case it matters (obviously, I did an "aptitude update && aptitude dist-upgrade" after changing the file.


carlos@debian:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
# official sid
deb http://ftp.es.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.es.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free


# debian testing security
#deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free
#deb-src http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free


# debian multimedia
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org/ unstable main
deb-src http://www.debian-multimedia.org/ unstable main


# opera
deb http://deb.opera.com/opera/ unstable non-free

# Compiz Fusion
deb http://download.tuxfamily.org/shames/debian-sid/desktopfx/unstable/ ./


# Switfox
deb http://getswiftfox.com/builds/debian unstable non-free


Why is it showing that I'm using Lenny?

Regards.
 
Old 02-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Sven Joachim
 
Default /etc/issue still showing "Lenny" after upgrading to Sid...

On 2009-02-09 22:16 +0100, Carlos Parada wrote:

> Hi, I've recently upgrading my Debian flavour from Testing to Unstable but
> I'm still getting reference to Lenny:

That should change in a few days when a new base-files package enters
sid.

> carlos@debian:~$ cat /etc/issue
> Debian GNU/Linux 5.0
l
>
> carlos@debian:~$ lsb_release -a
> No LSB modules are available.
> Distributor ID: Debian
> Description: Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 (lenny)
> Release: 5.0
> Codename: lenny

It's a known issue, see http://bugs.debian.org/508772. If you're
relying on the output of lsb_release you can create an /etc/lsb-release
file like this (mine):

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
DISTRIB_ID=Debian
DISTRIB_RELEASE=UNRELEASED
DISTRIB_CODENAME=sid
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Debian GNU/Linux"
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Otherwise it's mainly a cosmetic problem.

Sven


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 02-09-2009, 09:00 PM
Carlos Parada
 
Default /etc/issue still showing "Lenny" after upgrading to Sid...

Ok, I see.

Thanks.

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 10:37 PM, Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> wrote:

On 2009-02-09 22:16 +0100, Carlos Parada wrote:



> Hi, I've recently upgrading my Debian flavour from Testing to Unstable but

> I'm still getting reference to Lenny:



That should change in a few days when a new base-files package enters

sid.



> carlos@debian:~$ cat /etc/issue

> Debian GNU/Linux 5.0
l

>

> carlos@debian:~$ lsb_release -a

> No LSB modules are available.

> Distributor ID: * *Debian

> Description: * *Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 (lenny)

> Release: * *5.0

> Codename: * *lenny



It's a known issue, see http://bugs.debian.org/508772. *If you're

relying on the output of lsb_release you can create an /etc/lsb-release

file like this (mine):



--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---

DISTRIB_ID=Debian

DISTRIB_RELEASE=UNRELEASED

DISTRIB_CODENAME=sid

DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Debian GNU/Linux"

--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---



Otherwise it's mainly a cosmetic problem.



Sven





--

To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org

with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:48 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org