Old 02-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Abdelkader Belahcene

Default rc.local is not executed

Hi,
I used /etc/rc.local to run at the boot a program, but it didn't, here
is what I wrote
# In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution
# bits.
#
# By default this script does nothing.
/usr/bin/minbar

When I added the command as a script in /etc/rc2.d, it worked correctly.
following the doc , the file /etc/rc.local runs after the rc2.d.

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 324 2009-02-07 09:01 /etc/rc.local

may be it needs something else.

thanks for help
bela

Old 02-15-2009, 12:14 AM
Chris Burkhardt

Mike McClain wrote:
> So my questions to you who have an installed /etc/rc.local are which
> package did it come from and how does it get executed?

/etc/init.d/rc.local is included with the initscripts package, and it executes
/etc/rc.local if it exists.

/etc/init.d/rc.local is symlinked to the appropriate /etc/rcX.d/ directory
(where X is the runlevel) and is executed when entering that runlevel.

This is the case in Lenny and -- I think -- in Etch. I don't know about before that.

- Chris B

Old 02-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Mike McClain

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 06:14:06PM -0700, Chris Burkhardt wrote:
> Mike McClain wrote:
> > So my questions to you who have an installed /etc/rc.local are which
> > package did it come from and how does it get executed?
>
> /etc/init.d/rc.local is included with the initscripts package, and it executes
> /etc/rc.local if it exists.
>
> /etc/init.d/rc.local is symlinked to the appropriate /etc/rcX.d/ directory
> (where X is the runlevel) and is executed when entering that runlevel.
>
> This is the case in Lenny and -- I think -- in Etch. I don't know about before that.
>
> - Chris B

Thank you,
Mike