Old 02-07-2009, 12:36 PM
"lhuizinga@iinet.net.au"

Default mounting dvdrw in latest etch

Hi,
I am trying to mount my sohw1693s liteon dvd rw drive in etch amd_64.

I think I have edited /etc/fstab nearly out of existence and can't
remember the original settings that didn't work.

I recently did a netinstall of debian amd64. I have a gigabyte intel
chipset 945 board with two sata hdd one with win xp and the other with
linux on them. I simply use bios to select which drive to boot with.
All is fine, installed with kde3.5 and i can even see my usb drive when
plugged in.

However, I cannot find my dvd rw drive and have no idea of how to set
it up for automatic mounting etc (maybe in HAL?). It is an ide drive
and i have set the jumper to slave for now as master wasn't working.
My fstab is set to the following:

#
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/sda1 / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0
1
/dev/sda5 none swap sw 0 0
#/dev/sdc /media/cdrom0 iso9660 user,noauto,ro 0 0

I have commented out the last line out of frustration and thought
perhaps i shouldn't have a line in fstab as HAL might take care of
this.

Any help is accepted with wide open arms.
Cheers,
Larry

Old 02-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Ron Johnson

[...]

As a first step, I'd do:
# grep LITE /var/log/dmesg

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

Supporting World Peace Through Nuclear Pacification