Old 02-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Bhasker C V

Default using modem with phone

Hi all,

I tried to google around but could not even get a match near to what i
want. In fact i am running short of terminologies to exactly define what

i want.

What i want is, i want to use the internal modem of a system to work
as a PSTN gateway so that i can control my telephone when connected to
my modem. This way, i can make my telephone ring through my software. I
can re-route my audio in/out to the phone. Is this possible ? does the
modem protocol support this ?

thanks

--
Bhasker C V
Registered Linux user: #306349 (counter.li.org)