Old 02-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Nagy Daniel

Default file association how - gnome

And what about gnome?:P:S

Old 02-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Paul Cartwright

On Fri February 6 2009, Nagy Daniel wrote:
> And what about gnome?:P:S

I guess I don't understand. I am running gnome, and gdm.
what do you use for file management, and maybe there is a similar option
there?

Old 02-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Antonio Macchi

Nagy Daniel wrote:

Sorry for asking this, but what is the best solution for associating a
file to an app under gnome?
I mean like, how to get gnome to remember that open PDF files with
acroread, and not evince?

thank you..:

right click
Properties
Open With

Old 02-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Nagy Daniel

"how to get gnome to remember" :P

Old 02-06-2009, 03:32 PM
Antonio Macchi

Nagy Daniel wrote:

"how to get gnome to remember" :P

"Open With" will works with every file of the same type

http://library.gnome.org/users/user-guide/stable/nautilus-open-file.html.en