Old 02-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Javier

Default iceweasel segfault

Hugo Vanwoerkom escribió:

Hi,

Using a link in the New York Times to the transcript of Flight 1549,
Iceweasel segfaults scrolling through the document.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/11719666/Tracon-Transcript

Anyone verify this?

For me it does not sefault. Lenny amd64.

It must be a Flash problem.

Bye.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Glenn Becker

Using a link in the New York Times to the transcript of Flight 1549,
Iceweasel segfaults scrolling through the document.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/11719666/Tracon-Transcript

Anyone verify this?

FWIW (very little) I was having this problem with Iceweasel a lot on what
appeared to be random sites. I recently upgraded the Flash plugin
(which felt more baroque in nature than it needed to be ... I wound up
using an Ubuntu package) and the behavior seems less frequent now.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Nuno Magalhães

I can't even get it to scroll, but it's not crashing.

It does crash if i open too many embeded documents. Around the 10th
it'll not only crash, but kill my session. I have to login again!!

Nuno Magalhães

Old 02-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Ron Johnson

Using a link in the New York Times to the transcript of Flight 1549,
Iceweasel segfaults scrolling through the document.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/11719666/Tracon-Transcript

Anyone verify this?

For me it does not sefault. Lenny amd64.

It must be a Flash problem.

Same with me. i386 IW 3.0.5 and the upstream 10.0r15 Ubuntu deb.

Doesn't scroll, but I can move the document up and down by dragging
the mouse within the document itself.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

Supporting World Peace Through Nuclear Pacification

Old 02-06-2009, 05:51 AM
Jonathan Kaye

Javier wrote:

> Hugo Vanwoerkom escribió:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Using a link in the New York Times to the transcript of Flight 1549,
>> Iceweasel segfaults scrolling through the document.
>>
>> http://www.scribd.com/doc/11719666/Tracon-Transcript
>>
>> Anyone verify this?
>
> For me it does not sefault. Lenny amd64.
>
> It must be a Flash problem.
>
> Bye.
Using FFx (not IW) 3.0.6 no crashing. It takes a bit of fidgeting to get it
to scroll as Ron described. Maybe it's an Ipaper thing rather than flash?
cheers,
jonathan

Old 02-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Bob Cox

On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 07:51:37 +0100, Jonathan Kaye (jdkaye10@gmail.com) wrote:

> Javier wrote:
>
> > Hugo Vanwoerkom escribió:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Using a link in the New York Times to the transcript of Flight 1549,
> >> Iceweasel segfaults scrolling through the document.
> >>
> >> http://www.scribd.com/doc/11719666/Tracon-Transcript
> >>
> >> Anyone verify this?
> >
> > For me it does not sefault. Lenny amd64.
> >
> > It must be a Flash problem.
> >
> > Bye.
> Using FFx (not IW) 3.0.6 no crashing. It takes a bit of fidgeting to get it
> to scroll as Ron described. Maybe it's an Ipaper thing rather than flash?

If it is of interest, it scrolls perfectly and smoothly up and down using
IceWeasel 2.0.0.19.

However, I can confirm that on my second box with IceWeasel 3.0.6 it
does NOT work properly. The mousewheel insists on scrolling the whole
page and not the Ipaper window.

Also, I find that on both machines, Konqueror shows this page correctly,
just like IW 2.

So I don't think it's Flash at fault, but something odd with IW 3.

Please reply to the list only. Do NOT send copies directly to me.

Old 02-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Johannes Wiedersich

Old 02-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Javier

Javier wrote:

Hugo Vanwoerkom escribió:

[...]

Is this happening in Epiphany?
If so, it should be a Gecko problem of certain version if both IW and
Epiphany are using the same version.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:36 PM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

Hi,

Using a link in the New York Times to the transcript of Flight 1549,
Iceweasel segfaults scrolling through the document.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/11719666/Tracon-Transcript

Anyone verify this?

After upgrade of flashplayer no longer segfaults:

hugo@debian:~$ apt-cache policy flashplayer-mozilla
flashplayer-mozilla:
Installed: 1:10.0.15.3-0.1
Candidate: 1:10.0.15.3-0.1
Version table:
*** 1:10.0.15.3-0.1 0
500 http://www.debian-multimedia.org sid/main Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

But I can't scroll the doc.

hugo@debian:~$ apt-cache policy iceweasel
iceweasel:
Installed: 3.0.6-1
Candidate: 3.0.6-1
Version table:
*** 3.0.6-1 0
500 http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable/main Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Hugo

Old 02-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Ron Johnson

On 02/07/2009 02:36 PM, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
[snip]

But I can't scroll the doc.

When the mouse pointer is "in" the document and you left-click, a
"hand" icon appears. You can then drag the doc up or down.