Old 02-05-2009, 05:49 PM
Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva

Default OT: Americans or Usonians (was: Bush quotes)

Em Qui, 2009-02-05 às 13:36 -0500, Barclay, Daniel escreveu:
> (Extra off topic: Hey, when Latin Americans say "norteamericanos," do
> they
> usually mean to include Canadians? (Does refer more to non-Latinos or
> more
> to "Unitedstatesians"?))

Here in Brazil usually "norte-americanos" refer to Usonians, but
sometimes someone tries to start this discussion about ambiguity, cause
it could also mean someone from North America (including Canada). But
we use "americanos" most of the time referring to Usonians too, so there
problems in both.

At least we have the word "estadunidense".

Greetings.

--
marcot
http://marcot.iaaeee.org/

Old 02-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Nuno Magalhães

Here [in Portugal] we say "americans" to refer to those from the USA.
Mexicans and canadians are also in North America, but we don't call
them "americans". We seldom use "noth-americans", and it usually means
usonians.

Nuno Magalhães