-   -   totem and gxine crashing (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/240665-totem-gxine-crashing.html)

lee 02-05-2009 02:39 PM

totem and gxine crashing

Hi,

do totem and gxine just not work on amd64? I'm only getting:

lee@cat:~$ totem
E: socket-client.c: socket(): Address family not supported by protocol
Segmentation fault
lee@cat:~$ gxine
E: socket-client.c: socket(): Address family not supported by protocol
gxine has suffered a fatal internal error.
To get a backtrace, run gxine in a debugger such as gdb.
Then, when the error occurs:
(gdb) thread apply all bt
gxine: error: Fatal error: Segmentation fault
lee@cat:~$

Google only tells me that I'm not the only one seeing this error
message, but I couldn't find any hints about what could be the problem
and how to fix it.

Any ideas?