-   -   gimp tools frozen (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/240021-gimp-tools-frozen.html)

Richard Lyons 02-04-2009 03:22 PM

gimp tools frozen

This is odd. Just moved to a new (er) box. Newly installed testing system.
Gimp2 is almost unusable as the tools (pen, airbrish, whatever) don't work.
It seems to think the cursor is stuck at 0,0. Yet the mouse (usb) works
fine for everything else.

Another thing: I cannot get the mouse srollwheel to activate zoom in and zoom
out. I set it up in input devices, but nothing happens. scrollwheel zoom
works in qcad, so it's not a hardware issue.

Anyone recognise this? I'm baffled.

richard

Thierry Chatelet 02-04-2009 03:51 PM

gimp tools frozen

On Wednesday 04 February 2009 17:22:19 Richard Lyons wrote:
> This is odd. Just moved to a new (er) box. Newly installed testing
> system. Gimp2 is almost unusable as the tools (pen, airbrish, whatever)
> don't work. It seems to think the cursor is stuck at 0,0. Yet the mouse
> (usb) works fine for everything else.
>
> Another thing: I cannot get the mouse srollwheel to activate zoom in and
> zoom out. I set it up in input devices, but nothing happens. scrollwheel
> zoom works in qcad, so it's not a hardware issue.
>
> Anyone recognise this? I'm baffled.
>
> richard

Mine is working perfectly. Version 2.4.7
No idea why ours is'nt.

Richard Lyons 02-04-2009 04:19 PM

gimp tools frozen

On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 05:51:27PM +0100, Thierry Chatelet wrote:

> On Wednesday 04 February 2009 17:22:19 Richard Lyons wrote:
> > This is odd. Just moved to a new (er) box. Newly installed testing
> > system. Gimp2 is almost unusable as the tools (pen, airbrish, whatever)
> > don't work. It seems to think the cursor is stuck at 0,0. Yet the mouse
> > (usb) works fine for everything else.
> >
> > Another thing: I cannot get the mouse srollwheel to activate zoom in and
> > zoom out. I set it up in input devices, but nothing happens. scrollwheel
> > zoom works in qcad, so it's not a hardware issue.
> >
> > Anyone recognise this? I'm baffled.
> >
> > richard
>
> Mine is working perfectly. Version 2.4.7
> No idea why ours is'nt.

Mine is 2.4.7 too. How bizarre. I shall have to go back to the old box if
I cannot find a solution to this.

richard