Old 02-04-2009, 03:01 AM
Carl Fink

Default Audio on Lenny becomes chirps, then loses human voices?

So on my Lenny system, I was playing a couple movies using xine-ui.

And in mid-video, the sound track was replaced by little irritating chirps.

Stopping xine and restarting doesn't help. Even a video that was just
playing right now comes out with little chirps. And so does every video,
played with mplayer, xine, totem, or vlc.

And audio tracks played with audacious have audible music, but only the
barest trace of any spoken words?

What on earth could CAUSE that?

Well, I'm off to reboot.
--
Carl Fink nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Stupid mistakes you can correct!

Old 02-04-2009, 03:41 AM
Carl Fink

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 11:01:15PM -0500, Carl Fink wrote:
> So on my Lenny system, I was playing a couple movies using xine-ui.
>
> And in mid-video, the sound track was replaced by little irritating chirps.
>
> Stopping xine and restarting doesn't help. Even a video that was just
> playing right now comes out with little chirps. And so does every video,
> played with mplayer, xine, totem, or vlc.
>
> And audio tracks played with audacious have audible music, but only the
> barest trace of any spoken words?
>
> What on earth could CAUSE that?
>
> Well, I'm off to reboot.

OK, xine really does sometimes start chirping. The longer-term cross-player
problem, however, was caused by my leaning back too far and partially
unplugging my headphones. Sorry.