Old 02-04-2009, 02:24 AM
Dennis Wicks

Default Scanner recommendations?

Greetings;

Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent scanner
that will work on Debian?

Something with a hires of at least 1200dpi and OCR. The
ability to scan slides and color and B&W negs of all sizes
would be a plus!

Many TIA!
Dennis

Old 02-04-2009, 05:59 AM
Alex Samad

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 09:24:01PM -0600, Dennis Wicks wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent scanner that will work
> on Debian?
>
> Something with a hires of at least 1200dpi and OCR. The ability to scan
> slides and color and B&W negs of all sizes would be a plus!

I have had very good results with hp scanners and printer using hplip
and associated packages