Old 02-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Dave Sherohman

Default About LAMP

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 02:06:43PM +0100, Jesus arteche wrote:
> I'd like to know if it will be possible in a net based in a LAMP server
> ...scale it adding more LAMP server ...i'll add more servers if the number
> of users grows...i could apply QoS...and Charge BAlance( i dont know how
> translate this term to english sorry)...i'd like just to know it will be
> possible grow the net at the same rythm the number of users. all based in
> LAMP servers.

The LAMP platform is capable of this, and it is done quite often, but
the application also needs to be designed to run across distributed
servers in order for it to work properly.

--
Dave Sherohman
NomadNet, Inc.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:43 PM
debian debian

*I'd like to know if it will be possible in a net based in a LAMP server ...scale it adding more LAMP server ...i'll add more servers if* the number of users grows...i could apply QoS...and Charge BAlance( i dont know how translate this term to english sorry)...i'd like just to know it will be possible grow the net at the same rythm the number of users. all based in LAMP servers.

Thanks

like to know if it will be possible in a net based in a LAMP server
...scale it adding more LAMP server ...i'll add more servers if* the
number of users grows...i could apply QoS...and Charge BAlance( i dont
know how translate this term to english sorry)...i'd like just to know
it will be possible grow the net at the same rythm the number of users.
all based in LAMP servers.

Thanks

MYSQL Clustering and Apache load balancing -- i'd recommend an LVS/Load Balancer w/ Keepalived to accomplish all of this.

If
you start with LVS + Apache/HTTP load balancing, I'm sure you'll be
happy with the results and how easy it would be to add more servers
into the pool.

---

Kevin

Systems Administrator