-   -   About LAMP (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/239218-about-lamp.html)

Jesus arteche 02-03-2009 12:06 PM

About LAMP

hello,
*I'd like to know if it will be possible in a net based in a LAMP server ...scale it adding more LAMP server ...i'll add more servers if* the number of users grows...i could apply QoS...and Charge BAlance( i dont know how translate this term to english sorry)...i'd like just to know it will be possible grow the net at the same rythm the number of users. all based in LAMP servers.

Thanks

Ron Johnson 02-03-2009 12:14 PM

About LAMP

I'd like to know if it will be possible in a net based in a LAMP server
...scale it adding more LAMP server ...i'll add more servers if the
number of users grows...i could apply QoS...and Charge BAlance( i dont
know how translate this term to english sorry)...i'd like just to know
it will be possible grow the net at the same rythm the number of users.
all based in LAMP servers.

Sure. People do it all the time. Look for MySQL replication and
Apache load balancing.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

Adrian Levi 02-03-2009 12:17 PM

About LAMP

2009/2/3 Jesus arteche <chechu.linux@gmail.com>:
> hello,
> I'd like to know if it will be possible in a net based in a LAMP server
> ...scale it adding more LAMP server ...i'll add more servers if the number
> of users grows...i could apply QoS...and Charge BAlance( i dont know how
> translate this term to english sorry)...i'd like just to know it will be
> possible grow the net at the same rythm the number of users. all based in
> LAMP servers.
>
> Thanks

What you want to reserch is called Round Robbin DNS.

Adrian

--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.