Old 02-03-2009, 01:56 AM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

Default google earth 5.0

Hi,

In
http://earth.google.com/intl/en/download-earth.html

I click on "Agree and Download", script enabled, and nothing
recognizable happens.

Anybody had more luck?

Hugo

Old 02-03-2009, 02:02 AM
Daryl Styrk

On Monday 02 February 2009 9:56:54 pm Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In
> http://earth.google.com/intl/en/download-earth.html
>
> I click on "Agree and Download", script enabled, and nothing
> recognizable happens.
> Anybody had more luck?
>
> Hugo

Been a long time since I've messed with GE. But used to have to chmod +x
GoogleEarthLinux.bin and then run that.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:19 AM
Ron Johnson

On 02/02/2009 08:56 PM, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

Hi,

In
http://earth.google.com/intl/en/download-earth.html

I click on "Agree and Download", script enabled, and nothing
recognizable happens.

Anybody had more luck?

Yup. Worked for me...

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

Old 02-03-2009, 02:31 AM
"Sridhar M.A."

On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 08:56:54PM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> In
> http://earth.google.com/intl/en/download-earth.html
>
> I click on "Agree and Download", script enabled, and nothing
> recognizable happens.
> Anybody had more luck?

May not be the proper answer. I ran googleearth and selected "Check for
updates" and it returned None.

Other than that, I too faced the same problem as you have stated.

Sridhar M.A. GPG KeyID : F6A35935
Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5 55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

People will accept your ideas much more readily if you tell them that Benjamin
Franklin said it first.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:43 AM
Daryl Styrk

On Monday 02 February 2009 10:12:28 pm you wrote:
> Did you try *googleearth-package? Not that I had much luck with it, it did
> install, but I have only the stars!! no earth!!

I have not.

$ aptitude show googleearth-package

"This utility makes it possible to build your own personal Debian package of
Google Earth. The packaging itself is Free Software, but the Google Earth
program is governed by the copyright holder (Google), so you may be limited
as to what you can do with the resulting package (i.e. no redistribution,
etc).
This package will simply help you create the package--it is your
responsibility to use the resulting package responsibly."

Old 02-03-2009, 07:38 AM
Jonathan Kaye

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In
> http://earth.google.com/intl/en/download-earth.html
>
> I click on "Agree and Download", script enabled, and nothing
> recognizable happens.
> Anybody had more luck?
>
> Hugo
Yes, it downloaded from the above link with no problem. Did you notice this?

"Thank you for downloading Google Earth. Since you have a few moments to
spare while it downloads, read below to see what you can do with Google
Earth. If the download didn't start automatically, click here."

Did you try clicking on "here"? (on their website, obviously).
cheers,
jonathan

Old 02-03-2009, 10:32 AM
Paul Cartwright

On Mon February 2 2009, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In
> http://earth.google.com/intl/en/download-earth.html
>
> I click on "Agree and Download", script enabled, and nothing
> recognizable happens.
> Anybody had more luck?

once you download it, you have to make it executable and run it.
$ chmod +x googleearth*
$ ./googleearth-linux-plus-4.3.7284.3916.bin
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing Google Earth for GNU/Linux
4.3.7284.3916..................................... .........................
loki_setup: Suspect size value for option option

loki_setup: Suspect size value for option option

Installing mimetypes...
Installing desktop menu entries...
Installing desktop icon...

then a new window appears and yoiu click FINISH.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800

Old 02-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

Jonathan Kaye wrote:

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

Hi,

In
http://earth.google.com/intl/en/download-earth.html

I click on "Agree and Download", script enabled, and nothing
recognizable happens.
Anybody had more luck?

Hugo

Yes, it downloaded from the above link with no problem. Did you notice this?

"Thank you for downloading Google Earth. Since you have a few moments to
spare while it downloads, read below to see what you can do with Google
Earth. If the download didn't start automatically, click here."

Did you try clicking on "here"? (on their website, obviously).

That page never shows up although NoScript has the permissions set, it
is related to that, because as another user who does not have the
NoScript plugin the page *did* show up.

Copying the link to "here" one can do:

wget http://dl.google.com/earth/client/current/GoogleEarthLinux.bin

and use the -c option to interrupt the download and get the partial content.

Hugo

Old 02-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Ron Johnson

On 02/03/2009 06:19 AM, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
[snip]

That page never shows up although NoScript has the permissions set, it
is related to that, because as another user who does not have the
NoScript plugin the page *did* show up.

Aggravations like this are why I deinstalled NoScript on my Linux
box. (ABP and Flashblock are trusted friends, though.)

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

Old 02-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

Ron Johnson wrote:

On 02/03/2009 06:19 AM, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
[snip]

That page never shows up although NoScript has the permissions set, it
is related to that, because as another user who does not have the
NoScript plugin the page *did* show up.

Aggravations like this are why I deinstalled NoScript on my Linux box.
(ABP and Flashblock are trusted friends, though.)

Yes, I'm thinking of doing that.

Hugo