Old 02-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Peter Crawford

Default "Removable Drives and Media" panel

Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Joel Roth <joelz@pobox.com> wrote,
> 1) write your own udev rule
> 2) have a script in /etc/init.d do the chown on bootup
*
January 26, 2009 2:29:19 PM Mike Castle wrote,
> While I agree that, in this instance, a udev solution is more
> appropriate (this stuff can change with hot plugging, right?), one
> option that I use a lot is mucking around with
> /etc/security/group.conf
*
The "Removable Drives and Media" panel, accessed
through Settings in the Desktop Menu, has a "Cameras"
tab to automate the transfer of pictures from flash
storage on a camera.* I wonder whether a "Video
Cameras" tab is in the works?* If so, there is no point
in filing a bug/wish report.* Anyone happen to know?

Thanks,******** ... p. crawford

The new Windows Live Messenger. You don’t want to miss this.