Old 02-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Cahaya Lilin

Default Software for creating web page

Hello all..
*
is there any one know what is a good*software for creating web in linux like dreamweaver in windows ??
*
Thanx..

Old 02-02-2009, 04:05 PM
Dennis Wicks

Cahaya Lilin wrote the following on 02/02/2009 10:56 AM:

Hello all..

is there any one know what is a good software for creating web in linux
like dreamweaver in windows ??

Thanx..

Nvu looks pretty good. It is WYSIWYG and is in Debian so you
just install it with your favorite apt derivative. Just be
aware that you probably won't want to edit your pages by
hand afterwards. It does some reformatting of the code that
makes it a little hard to read!

Good Luck!

Old 02-02-2009, 04:26 PM

I second Nvu/Kompozer. I use it also
Larry

Old 02-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Tom Ashley

On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 08:56 -0800, Cahaya Lilin wrote:
> Hello all..
>
> is there any one know what is a good software for creating web in
> linux like dreamweaver in windows ??
>
> Thanx..

I've never used them but
http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/Linux_software_equivalent_to_Windows_software lists the following as similar linux software: OOWeb, NVU, KompoZer (fork of NVU 1.0), Quanta Plus, Mozilla, Screem, Bluefish, Amaya.

Good luck.

Tom Ashley

Old 02-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Cahaya Lilin

OK I 'll try it.
*
I hope it will easy*to use like dreamweaver.
*
Thanx a lot for your help.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:05 PM
green

On Mon, 2009-02-02, 033, Dennis Wicks wrote:
> Cahaya Lilin wrote the following on 02/02/2009 10:56 AM:
>> Hello all..
>> is there any one know what is a good software for creating web in
>> linux like dreamweaver in windows ??
>> Thanx..
>
> Nvu looks pretty good. It is WYSIWYG and is in Debian so you just install
> it with your favorite apt derivative. Just be aware that you probably
> won't want to edit your pages by hand afterwards. It does some
> reformatting of the code that makes it a little hard to read!

I couldn't find nvu in the repositories. The only other WYSIWYG HTML editor
that I know of is Amaya; it is in the repositories (sid only). Amaya might not
be ready yet for production use.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Miles Fidelman

Tom Ashley wrote:

is there any one know what is a good software for creating web in

linux like dreamweaver in windows ??

Thanx..

I've never used them but
http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/Linux_software_equivalent_to_Windows_software lists the following as similar linux software: OOWeb, NVU, KompoZer (fork of NVU 1.0), Quanta Plus, Mozilla, Screem, Bluefish, Amaya.

Seamonkey (www.seamonkey-project.org) is a fork of the old Mozilla
integrated browser/email client. It includes Composer, the WYSIWIG page
editor that used to be in Mozilla. Not bad for simple projects.

In practice, there is. .... Yogi Berra

Old 02-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Kelly Clowers

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 14:54, Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> wrote:
> Tom Ashley wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 08:56 -0800, Cahaya Lilin wrote:
>>

>>> Hello all..
>>> is there any one know what is a good software for creating web in
>>> linux like dreamweaver in windows ??
>>> Thanx..
>>>

>> I've never used them but
>>
>> http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/Linux_software_equivalent_to_Windows_software
>> lists the following as similar linux software: OOWeb, NVU, KompoZer (fork of
>> NVU 1.0), Quanta Plus, Mozilla, Screem, Bluefish, Amaya.

Screem and Bluefish are basically text/html editors - no WYSIWYG
Which is fine if that is what you want.

I have found Quanta and Nvu to be pretty nice.

> Seamonkey (www.seamonkey-project.org) is a fork of the old Mozilla
> integrated browser/email client. It includes Composer, the WYSIWIG page
> editor that used to be in Mozilla. Not bad for simple projects.

SeaMonkey isn't a fork, it *is* Mozilla by another name (because it is not
an official Mozilla Foundation Product anymore).

Nvu/Kompozer is a derivative of Composer, and I think Nvu is a little
more advanced - I don't think that all its improvements made it back
into later Composer versions.

http://www.bluegriffon.org will be the real successor Nvu .

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers

Old 02-02-2009, 11:57 PM
John W Foster

On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 14:05 -0700, green wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-02-02, 033, Dennis Wicks wrote:
> > Cahaya Lilin wrote the following on 02/02/2009 10:56 AM:
> >> Hello all..
> >> is there any one know what is a good software for creating web in
> >> linux like dreamweaver in windows ??
> >> Thanx..

Take a look at Kompozer;

http://kompozer.sourceforge.net/

I have been using this with Lenny and no problems. I prefer the way it
handled the sites themselves to other web page editors due to the fact
that it does NOT use any tag system.

--
John W. Foster

Old 02-03-2009, 12:00 AM