Old 02-02-2009, 07:26 AM
Zaki Akhmad

Default The Sounds Better at WindowsXP. Why?

Old 02-02-2009, 07:33 AM
Johannes Wiedersich

Zaki Akhmad wrote:
> The sounds on my laptop, Toshiba Satellite L20, sounds better when I
> play music/video at Windows XP. Can anybody give me a hint and a
> solution, so that when it's on Debian Testing, works well too?

run alsamixer and set your mixer settings coorectly. (On my thinkpad
sound is horrible, if they are too high).

Cheers,
Johannes

Old 02-02-2009, 07:59 AM
pierpaolo

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 9:33 AM, Johannes Wiedersich <johannes@physik.blm.tu-muenchen.de> wrote:

Zaki Akhmad wrote:

> The sounds on my laptop, Toshiba Satellite L20, sounds better when I

> play music/video at Windows XP. Can anybody give me a hint and a

> solution, so that when it's on Debian Testing, works well too?

run alsamixer and set your mixer settings coorectly. (On my thinkpad

sound is horrible, if they are too high).

But as you say the sound become too low.

Old 02-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Emanoil Kotsev

Zaki Akhmad wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The sounds on my laptop, Toshiba Satellite L20, sounds better when I
> play music/video at Windows XP. Can anybody give me a hint and a
> solution, so that when it's on Debian Testing, works well too?

I can repport this on a dell d520 with intel hda chip.

I think it's related somehow to snd-usb or the power supply on the usb bus.
It gets very low when I plug in the external monitor and have the snd usb
driver loaded ... very odd it's bugging me for 2 years now and even
engineers couldn't tell me why.

On the other hand there is for sure a way to boost the volume because
kplayer implements an option to do so, so when using kplayer I can
compensate.

May be it's not related to your problem, but if there is some way to fix
this it would be great.

regards