Old 02-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Gilles Mocellin

Default unable to get kde4.2

Le Sunday 01 February 2009 10:38:10 raman narasimhan, vous avez écrit :
> i'm a lenny/sid user and have currently got kde4.1
> i wanted to get kde4.2, googling 'kde4.2', i learnt that it was there in
> sid. so i decided to update kde, funny that *both aptitude and apt-get said
> i've the latest kde*.

> debian:~# aptitude -t experimental install kde4
[...]
As you type, KDE 4.2 is in experimental, not sid.

> deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free
> -----> isn't this enough to get kde4.2????

No, you must add :
deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ experimental main contrib non-free

Old 02-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Jens Van Broeckhoven

On Sunday 01 February 2009 15:50:39 raman narasimhan wrote:
> i'm having lenny/sid system, with kde4.1, i'd like to upgrade to kde4,2,
> but both aptitude and apt-get say, my kde is already the latest one
> available... pls go throught the following and tell me whats wrong..
>

> debian:~# aptitude -t experimental install kde4
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Reading extended state information
> Initializing package states... Done
> Writing extended state information... Done
> Reading task descriptions... Done
> *No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
> 0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.*
> Writing extended state information... Done
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Reading extended state information
> Initializing package states... Done
> Reading task descriptions... Done
>

> *
> my sources.list is:*
>
> #
> # deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 r0 _Etch_ - Official i386 DVD Binary-1
> 20070407-11:40]/ etch contrib main
>
> deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 r0 _Etch_ - Official i386 DVD Binary-1
> 20070407-11:40]/ etch contrib main
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib
> deb-src http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib
>
> deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian etch main
>
> deb http://kde4.debian.net/ lenny main
>

> deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
> deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free
>

> deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free
> # deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free
> # deb-src http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free

You need sid/experimental and you only seem to have stable/testing/sid in your
sources.list.

See: http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/experimental.html

Jens.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Daryl Styrk

> See: http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/experimental.html
>
> Jens.

Those instructions work perfectly for me.