Old 02-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Javier

Default Lenny not resuming wireless??

Hello, first thank you for your work, and sorry if my english is not
very good.

I'm unable to use reportbug, it seems that it fails when sending the
message and haven't got much time to further investigate why.

The bug I'm reporting is about Lenny:

The system is unable to correctly suspend and resume net interfaces,
mostly wireless ones. I've tested this bug in two computers, one with
eth1 as wireless, and the other one wlan0.

In both cases, I have to manually reload the interface configuration
when resuming, with these commands:

ifdown wlan0
ifup wlan0

I think this is not critical if you know the problem, but novices are
surely going to get dissapointed about this.

The workaround I found was to put this in /etc/pm/sleep.d/10wlan0:

case "$1" in
hibernate|suspend)
ifdown wlan0
;;
thaw|resume)
ifup wlan0
;;
*) exit $NA
;;
esac

Please confirm this bug and send me any message to my private address.

Thank you.