Old 02-01-2009, 01:26 AM
"A. F. Cano"

Default Web page development tools in Lenny?

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 04:09:23PM -0700, Robert Hodgins wrote:
> > Found some hits: seamonkey, kompozer/nvu, but none of them
> > are in Lenny. I'd like to keep the installation as standard as possible,
> > so I'd prefer not to have to get non-aptitude packages.
>
> Would iceape work for you?

Ahh... I think iceape was called mozilla-iceape in Etch, and so I looked
for "mozilla" in aptitude and of course didn't find anything. I see it's
there as just "iceape", so I have a fallback position. Has anyone tried
vimperator with the iceape composer?

Also, is this iceape totally obsolete or is it Debian's seamonkey? Or is
it a totally different animal?

Thanks for replying, and also the OP that suggested iceape.

A.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:06 PM
"Michael M. Moore"

On Sat, 2009-01-31 at 21:26 -0500, A. F. Cano wrote:

> Ahh... I think iceape was called mozilla-iceape in Etch, and so I looked
> for "mozilla" in aptitude and of course didn't find anything. I see it's
> there as just "iceape", so I have a fallback position. Has anyone tried
> vimperator with the iceape composer?

Not an answer to your question, but just in case you werent' aware:

aptitude search mozilla

will return all packages that have "mozilla" in their names;

aptitude search ~dmozilla

will return all packages that have "mozilla" in their descriptions.

If you'd done the latter command, your results would have included
"iceape" (and "iceape-calendar" and a whole bunch of other stuff).

I'm constantly forgetting Debian's absurdly unique names for Firefox,
SeaMonkey, etc., so I do searches on description pretty frequently.

--
Michael M.