Old 01-31-2009, 07:34 AM
Allan Dreyer Andersen

Default Can't browse local network

Hey guys

I must have messed something because suddenly I can't browse my local
home network. I have reintalled samba, samba-common and added smbclient,
smbfs but it doesn't change anything.

Do I need to add other packages or can something else be wrong?

Thanks in advance.

--
Venlig hilsen / Best regards
Allan Dreyer Andersen

Old 02-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Florian Kulzer

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 09:34:10 +0100, Allan Dreyer Andersen wrote:
> Hey guys
>
> I must have messed something because suddenly I can't browse my local
> home network. I have reintalled samba, samba-common and added smbclient,
> smbfs but it doesn't change anything.
>
> Do I need to add other packages or can something else be wrong?

I would try this first:

smbclient -U $USER -L $HOST

with $USER your username on the remote system $HOST. (You will be
prompted for the password if the remote host requires one.) This command
should list all shares (printers, folders) that $USER can access on
$HOST. It would be interesting to see if that works, if you get an error
message or if the command times out. Make sure to try both using the
hostname and using the IP address for $HOST.

Florian |