Old 01-30-2009, 04:35 PM
Andics László

Default Sendmail wants to auth local mails

Hello All!

I have a problem with my Sendmail on Debian.
We use Fedora for a mail server over the past few years, but we change
to a Debian.
We have TLS+SMTP AUTH configured fine, and working on Fedora, but in
Debian there is a problem,
that sendmail wants to auth on local-to-local mails. Mail from outside
the server working fine, but if I wish to
send a mail from local to another local user, Sednmail dosen't recognze
it as a local mail, and is want to authenticate for relaying.
Here is an example from a "dead letter", when cron try to send a mail to
root:

"
The original message was received at Fri, 30 Jan 2009 06:25:17 +0100
from root@localhost

root
(reason: 530 5.7.0 Authentication required)
(expanded from: root)

... while talking to [127.0.0.1]:
>>> MAIL From:<root@gophernet.hu> SIZE=665 AUTH=root@gophernet.hu
<<< 530 5.7.0 Authentication required
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
"
My domain names is set fine, the sendmail config is the same that we
used over 3 years with no problem, so I have no idea, what is wrong.

Even the Google don't help, I just find an user with the same error.
Please help me to solve this, if your have any idea.

Best Wishes
Laszlo

Old 01-31-2009, 05:41 PM
Richard A Nelson

The original message was received at Fri, 30 Jan 2009 06:25:17 +0100
from root@localhost

Is localhost in /etc/mail/local-host-names ?
and sendmail.mc has
FEATURE(`use_cw_file')dnl # local-host-names

root
(reason: 530 5.7.0 Authentication required)
(expanded from: root)

... while talking to [127.0.0.1]:

MAIL From:<root@gophernet.hu> SIZE=665 AUTH=root@gophernet.hu

gophernet.hu should also be in /etc/mail/local-host-names

<<< 530 5.7.0 Authentication required
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

My domain names is set fine, the sendmail config is the same that we used
over 3 years with no problem, so I have no idea, what is wrong.

Even the Google don't help, I just find an user with the same error.
Please help me to solve this, if your have any idea.

Do you use /etc/mail/access ? does it have any Connect: lines ?

--
Rick Nelson
Ooh, mommy, mommy, what I have now doesn't work in this extremely

Old 01-31-2009, 06:58 PM
Andics László

Richard A Nelson wrote:

The original message was received at Fri, 30 Jan 2009 06:25:17 +0100
from root@localhost

Is localhost in /etc/mail/local-host-names ?
and sendmail.mc has
FEATURE(`use_cw_file')dnl # local-host-names

Yes, it"s OK.

root
(reason: 530 5.7.0 Authentication required)
(expanded from: root)

... while talking to [127.0.0.1]:

MAIL From:<root@gophernet.hu> SIZE=665 AUTH=root@gophernet.hu

gophernet.hu should also be in /etc/mail/local-host-names

Also OK. I checked this first.

<<< 530 5.7.0 Authentication required
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

My domain names is set fine, the sendmail config is the same that we
used over 3 years with no problem, so I have no idea, what is wrong.

Even the Google don't help, I just find an user with the same error.
Please help me to solve this, if your have any idea.

Do you use /etc/mail/access ? does it have any Connect: lines ?

I have these two Connect lines:
"
Connect:localhost RELAY
Connect:gophernet.hu RELAY
"

I have really no idea what is wrong with this.
Anyway, thanks for the answer.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:27 PM
Richard A Nelson

I have really no idea what is wrong with this.
Anyway, thanks for the answer.

Any Srv_Features lines ?

--
Rick Nelson

Where in the US is Linus?

He was in the "Promise Land".
-- David S. Miller <davem@caip.rutgers.edu>

Old 01-31-2009, 07:40 PM
Andics László

Richard A Nelson írta:

I have really no idea what is wrong with this.
Anyway, thanks for the answer.

Any Srv_Features lines ?

No, my access file is have only those two Connect lines.

Old 02-01-2009, 01:05 AM
Richard A Nelson