-   -   From x86 to x86-64 (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/237152-x86-x86-64-a.html)

Kevin Philp 01-30-2009 01:25 PM

From x86 to x86-64

I think your best bet is to keep your home files on separate partition
and reinstall everything else. There is no reason you can't have three
partitions : 64 bit root, 32 bit root and a shared partition with /home
on it.

Kevin.

tinkywinky wrote:

Hello,

I've installed x86 version of Lenny, but I have 64-bit processor. I'd
like to change to use 64-bit version of debian. Is that possible
without having to reinstall?

I thought of using a separate working directory where to install
everything (if that is possible), and then move them to root. Is that
a bad idea, and is there a better way around (probably is =)?

T. Winky