Old 01-30-2009, 04:31 AM
Tamas Hegedus

Default usb permissions (?)

Hi,

I reinstalled lenny.
Before that I could get the pics from my camera.

Now I get the message:

"""
An error occurred in the io-library ('Could not claim the USB device'):
Could not claim interface 0 (Operation not permitted). Make sure no
other program or kernel module (such as sdc2xx, stv680, spca50x) is
using the device and you have read/write access to the device.

"""

I can get the pics as root.
I am (as a regular user) in the group of plugdev.

I think I should make usb ports accessible to regular users.
But I do not know how - and I find only 2-3 year old recipes, which are
obviously not up-to-date...

Thanks for your help in advance,
tamas

Old 01-30-2009, 06:20 AM
Umarzuki Mochlis

Before that I could get the pics from my camera.with gtkam?

Now I get the message:

"""

http://gameornot.net

Old 01-30-2009, 11:11 AM
Tamas Hegedus

Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

Before that I could get the pics from my camera.

with gtkam?

with gthumb

Now I get the message:

"""