Old 01-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Jeff Chimene

Default exim4 as a client of a smarthost w/o TLS

Hi,

I've been trying to get exim to send mail via a smarthost that doesn't
use TLS. I've set the AUTH_CLIENT_ALLOW_NOTLS_PASSWORDS = 1 to no avail:
exim4 does not fall back to AUTH LOGIN or AUTH PLAIN.

I can get exim4 to send mail via mail.gmail.com

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:21 PM
"s. keeling"

Jeff Chimene <jchimene@gmail.com>:

> I've been trying to get exim to send mail via a smarthost that doesn't
> use TLS. I've set the AUTH_CLIENT_ALLOW_NOTLS_PASSWORDS = 1 to no avail:
> exim4 does not fall back to AUTH LOGIN or AUTH PLAIN.
>
> I can get exim4 to send mail via mail.gmail.com

Guessing ... Is your ISP password in /etc/exim4/passwd.client ?