-   -   exim4 as a client of a smarthost w/o TLS (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/236865-exim4-client-smarthost-w-o-tls.html)

Jeff Chimene 01-29-2009 10:26 PM

exim4 as a client of a smarthost w/o TLS

Hi,

I've been trying to get exim to send mail via a smarthost that doesn't
use TLS. I've set the AUTH_CLIENT_ALLOW_NOTLS_PASSWORDS = 1 to no avail:
exim4 does not fall back to AUTH LOGIN or AUTH PLAIN.

I can get exim4 to send mail via mail.gmail.com

Any help would be appreciated.

"s. keeling" 01-31-2009 08:21 PM

Jeff Chimene <jchimene@gmail.com>:

> I've been trying to get exim to send mail via a smarthost that doesn't
> use TLS. I've set the AUTH_CLIENT_ALLOW_NOTLS_PASSWORDS = 1 to no avail:
> exim4 does not fall back to AUTH LOGIN or AUTH PLAIN.
>
> I can get exim4 to send mail via mail.gmail.com

Guessing ... Is your ISP password in /etc/exim4/passwd.client ?