FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-28-2009, 06:40 PM
Davide Mancusi
 
Default Old fglrx not at snapshot.debian.org?

I need to downgrade my fglrx driver to version 8-7-3 but I
can't find the package at snapshot.debian.org nor at
packages.debian.org. Could anyone please give me a clue?

Cheers,
Davide

--
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
--
If anything can go wrong it wSegmentation fault
core dumped


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 01-29-2009, 05:27 AM
Jonathan Kaye
 
Default Old fglrx not at snapshot.debian.org?

Davide Mancusi wrote:

> I need to downgrade my fglrx driver to version 8-7-3 but I
> can't find the package at snapshot.debian.org nor at
> packages.debian.org. Could anyone please give me a clue?
>
> Cheers,
> Davide
>
Hi Davide,
You can find older versions of fglrx (proprietary) drivers on the ATI site
here: http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
--
Registerd Linux user #445917 at http://counter.li.org/
Cheers,
Jonathan


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 01-29-2009, 02:42 PM
Jonathan Kaye
 
Default Old fglrx not at snapshot.debian.org?

Jonathan Kaye wrote:

> Davide Mancusi wrote:
>
>> I need to downgrade my fglrx driver to version 8-7-3 but I
>> can't find the package at snapshot.debian.org nor at
>> packages.debian.org. Could anyone please give me a clue?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Davide
>>
> Hi Davide,
> You can find older versions of fglrx (proprietary) drivers on the ATI site
> here: http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
Hi Jonathan,

Yes, I tried that, sorry I forgot to mention it. module-assistant
wasn't able to compile the kernel module. I guess Debian introduces a
critical patch either in fglrx-kernel-src package or in
linux-headers-*.

Thanks anyway,
Davide

Hi Davide,
1. Please post responses to the list. Thanks
2. In other for module-assistant to work you must delete the old
fglrx-kernel-src found in the /usr/src folder. Also you should delete
the /usr/src/modules/fglrx file before updating the debs that you got from
the ATI site (using the --build-pkg parameters for your version
(testing/unstable/stable). m-a doesn't do anything if it finds an
fglrx-kernel-src package. It thinks its work is already done.
Maybe this will help.
Cheers,
Jonathan
--
Registerd Linux user #445917 at http://counter.li.org/


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 01-29-2009, 07:41 PM
Davide Mancusi
 
Default Old fglrx not at snapshot.debian.org?

Jonathan Kaye <jdkaye10@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I need to downgrade my fglrx driver to version 8-7-3 but I
> >> can't find the package at snapshot.debian.org nor at
> >> packages.debian.org. Could anyone please give me a clue?
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Davide
> >>
> > Hi Davide,
> > You can find older versions of fglrx (proprietary) drivers on the
> > ATI site here: http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> Yes, I tried that, sorry I forgot to mention it. module-assistant
> wasn't able to compile the kernel module. I guess Debian introduces a
> critical patch either in fglrx-kernel-src package or in
> linux-headers-*.
>
> Thanks anyway,
> Davide
>
> Hi Davide,
> 1. Please post responses to the list. Thanks

Apologies. I was not on my machine and I was using GMail's
*insert expletive* web interface.

> 2. In other for module-assistant to work you must delete the old
> fglrx-kernel-src found in the /usr/src folder. Also you should delete
> the /usr/src/modules/fglrx file before updating the debs that you got
> from the ATI site (using the --build-pkg parameters for your version
> (testing/unstable/stable). m-a doesn't do anything if it finds an
> fglrx-kernel-src package. It thinks its work is already done.

Done all that. The debs build fine provided that I manually
extract the files from the installer and add a symlink to
arch/x86_64/usr/X11R6/lib64/libfglrx_gamma.so.1.0 called
libfglrx_gamma.so.1. Still, when I ran
# m-a build fglrx
it bombed out at compilation time.

I would actually be more than happy to get my hands on the
1:8-7-3 version of the official debs, but they are nowhere to be found.
At some point they must have been on snapshot.debian.net, since I have
found trace of someone downloading them in forums, but they have
disappeared now.

Anyway, thanks again for the help.

Cheers,
Davide
--
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
--
If anything can go wrong it wSegmentation fault
core dumped


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:00 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org