Old 01-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Jesus arteche

Default several webs in teh same apache

Hello,

I'd like to know how i could redirect several webs to same Apache server, now what I've got is several webs in the same apache server, and i can access to them by the following way:

www.midomain.com/web1 --> acces to the web 1

www.midomain.com/web2 --> access to the web 2

and i'd like to be that way:

www.web1.midomain.com/ --> access to the web 1

www.web2.midominio.com/ --> access to the 2

The problem is that the 2 webs are in teh same Apache in the same machine with the same IP, I had tought that i can redirect to the apache by several ports...by how can i do that and haw can i do that* the client wont see the port i mean www.web1.mydomain.com:444...i dont want the client see the port.

thanks

Old 01-28-2009, 05:43 PM
edu gargiulo

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Jesus arteche <chechu.linux@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> and i'd like to be that way:
>
> www.web1.midomain.com/ --> access to the web 1
>
> www.web2.midominio.com/ --> access to the 2

take a look at NameVirtualHost apache directive; you should tweak your
name server CNAME registers too.

regards,

--
edu

Old 01-29-2009, 08:30 AM
Jochen Schulz

Jesus arteche:

> I'd like to know how i could redirect several webs to same Apache server,
> now what I've got is several webs in the same apache server, and i can
> access to them by the following way:

Your terminology is *really* weird. If you learn the common terms, it is
easier to help you.

> www.web1.midomain.com/ --> access to the web 1
>
> www.web2.midominio.com/ --> access to the 2

You need two VirtualHost sections in your configuration. Something like
this:

NameVirtualHost *:80
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName www.web1.midomain.com
DocumentRoot /srv/www/web1
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName www.web2.midomain.com
DocumentRoot /srv/www/web2
</VirtualHost>

> The problem is that the 2 webs are in teh same Apache in the same machine
> with the same IP, I had tought that i can redirect to the apache by several
> ports...by how can i do that and haw can i do that the client wont see the
> port i mean www.web1.mydomain.com:444...i dont want the client see the port.

HTTP clients send a special header to the server which mentions which
domain name they want to talk to. Apache simply dispatches requests
according to this name. No need for distinct ports.

J.
--
A passionate argument means more to me than a blockbuster movie.
[Agree] [Disagree]