Old 01-28-2009, 04:16 PM
Andreas Ronnquist

Default gdebi reporting swedish characters wrong?

Hi

I have created a debian package of a program I am developing, all working fine. I make the debian control using SciTE, entering my name as maintainer - but then using gdebi-gtk to look on the built package I am listed with the swedish characters wrong - how come? Using the simple editor mousepad does also list my surname the right way in the control file just as SciTE.

A friend of mine using Ubuntu lists it correctly with the version of gdebi he got, so it seems as I've got it right in the control file after all, and gdebi is at fault.

Any ideas to why this is?

This is on a fully up to date Lenny machine, using XFCE as desktop.

/Andreas Rönnquist
andreas.ronnquist@meritkonsult.se