Old 01-28-2009, 05:27 AM
Zaki Akhmad

Default Automatically Running Script When USB Flash Disk Mounted

Hello,

I am installing Portableapps[1] on my USB Flash Disk. I use Wine to
get this portableapps running on my Debian. I am curious how to make a
script, which automatically run the wine command when my USB Flash
Disk get mounted so that my portableapps running.

I'll appreciate any hint. Thanks.
--
Zaki Akhmad
[1]http://portableapps.com

Old 01-28-2009, 01:32 PM
Ron Johnson

I am installing Portableapps[1] on my USB Flash Disk. I use Wine to
get this portableapps running on my Debian. I am curious how to make a
script, which automatically run the wine command when my USB Flash
Disk get mounted so that my portableapps running.

I'll appreciate any hint. Thanks.

Hi!

You can do this by writing a udev rule. Google it, and you'll find a
solution. Sorry that I only have the time for just a hint...

But if GNOME handles the devices, a udev rule won't help.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

Old 01-28-2009, 02:18 PM
Zaki Akhmad

Old 01-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Glennie Vignarajah

Le Wednesday 28 January 2009 vers 07:27, Zaki Akhmad(Zaki Akhmad
<zakiakhmad@gmail.com>) a crit:
> Hello,
>
> I am installing Portableapps[1] on my USB Flash Disk. I use Wine
> to get this portableapps running on my Debian. I am curious how to
> make a script, which automatically run the wine command when my
> USB Flash Disk get mounted so that my portableapps running.

apt-cache show ivman
daemon to auto-mount and manage media devices
ivman is a daemon that acts as a policy agent on top of HAL. It
listens to HAL events and reacts with user-configurable
actions. Currently it supports automount of new media and
hot-plugged devices, autorun, autoplay for CDs and DVDs, and
automatic camera management.

Perhaps, is this package are you looking for?
HTH
--
http://www.glennie.fr

Old 01-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Zaki Akhmad

Old 01-28-2009, 07:33 PM
Glennie Vignarajah

Le Wednesday 28 January 2009 vers 17:59, Zaki Akhmad(Zaki Akhmad
<zakiakhmad@gmail.com>) a crit:

Hello,

> Actually, at first I think, there's some script I have to write
> (still don't know how exactly, though). But, let me try this
> ivman.
In fact, you need some scripting. ivman would help to launch your
script when your usb device get connected....
Perhaps, you can try to start Wine by ivman.

--
http://www.glennie.fr