Old 01-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Umarzuki Mochlis

Default installing driver with ndiswrapper

I'm trying to install my laptop wireless driver with ndiswrapper
eden:/home/umarzuki/Desktop/Downloads# ndiswrapper -i bcmwl6.inf
installing bcmwl6 ...
eden:/home/umarzuki/Desktop/Downloads# depmod -a

eden:/home/umarzuki/Desktop/Downloads# modprobe ndiswrapper
FATAL: Module ndiswrapper not found.

Why did that happened?
eden:/home/umarzuki/Desktop/Downloads# aptitude search ndiswrapper
i** ndiswrapper-common************* - Common scripts required to use the utiliti

p** ndiswrapper-source************* - Source for the ndiswrapper Linux kernel mo
i A ndiswrapper-utils-1.9********** - Userspace utilities for the ndiswrapper Li

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://gameornot.net

Old 01-27-2009, 01:51 PM
Marco Tlio Gontijo e Silva

Em Ter, 2009-01-27 s 20:12 +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis escreveu:
> eden:/home/umarzuki/Desktop/Downloads# modprobe ndiswrapper
> FATAL: Module ndiswrapper not found.
> eden:/home/umarzuki/Desktop/Downloads# aptitude search ndiswrapper
> i ndiswrapper-common - Common scripts required to use
> the utiliti
> p ndiswrapper-source - Source for the ndiswrapper Linux
> kernel mo
> i A ndiswrapper-utils-1.9 - Userspace utilities for the
> ndiswrapper Li

You'll need to build the ndiswrapper module using module-assistant.

Greetings.

--
marcot
http://marcot.iaaeee.org/

Old 01-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Micha Feigin

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 20:12:00 +0800
Umarzuki Mochlis <umarzuki@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to install my laptop wireless driver with ndiswrapper
>
> eden:/home/umarzuki/Desktop/Downloads# ndiswrapper -i bcmwl6.inf
> installing bcmwl6 ...
> eden:/home/umarzuki/Desktop/Downloads# depmod -a
> eden:/home/umarzuki/Desktop/Downloads# modprobe ndiswrapper
> FATAL: Module ndiswrapper not found.
>
> Why did that happened?
> eden:/home/umarzuki/Desktop/Downloads# aptitude search ndiswrapper
> i ndiswrapper-common - Common scripts required to use the
> utiliti
> p ndiswrapper-source - Source for the ndiswrapper Linux kernel
> mo

You need to build and install this one
aptitude install ndiswrapper-source
if you don't already have it installed
aptitude install module-assistant linux-headers-2.6-<amd64 or i386>

m-a build ndiswrapper
m-a install ndiswrapper