FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-27-2009, 02:26 AM
Umarzuki Mochlis
 
Default boot-time script

I tried making boot-time script for deluge like below

#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/deluge

Then I ran update-rc.d to the deluge script hat I saved in /etc/init.d
# update-rc.d deluge defaults

But when I rebooted my PC, it didn't start. Please tell me where I got it wrong?

--
Regards,

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://gameornot.net
 
Old 01-27-2009, 09:01 AM
Michael Iatrou
 
Default boot-time script

When the date was Tuesday 27 January 2009, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

> I tried making boot-time script for deluge like below

Isn't this a GUI app? If yes, you need to take into account that X must be
running.

--
Michael Iatrou (thgu)


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 01-27-2009, 10:31 AM
Umarzuki Mochlis
 
Default boot-time script

2009/1/27 Michael Iatrou <m.iatrou@freemail.gr>

When the date was Tuesday 27 January 2009, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:



> I tried making boot-time script for deluge like below



Isn't this a GUI app? If yes, you need to take into account that X must be

running.Preferences > Session >* Startup programs > Add





--

*Michael Iatrou (thgu)





--

To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org

with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org





--
Regards,

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://gameornot.net
 
Old 01-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Sebastian Günther
 
Default boot-time script

* Umarzuki Mochlis (umarzuki@gmail.com) [27.01.09 04:27]:
> I tried making boot-time script for deluge like below
>
> #!/bin/bash
> /usr/bin/deluge
>
> Then I ran update-rc.d to the deluge script hat I saved in /etc/init.d
> # update-rc.d deluge defaults
>
> But when I rebooted my PC, it didn't start. Please tell me where I got it
> wrong?
>

What exactly are you trying to achieve?
If want to autostart deluge when you login, this is the wrong way to do
it.

If you are searching for system service, which runs even if you are not
logged in: stick with bittorent, since it does not require X to run...

HTH
Sebastian

--
" Religion ist das Opium des Volkes. " Karl Marx

SEB@STI@N GÜNTHER mailto:samson@guenther-roetgen.de
 
Old 01-27-2009, 06:27 PM
"Michael M. Moore"
 
Default boot-time script

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 3:35 AM, Sebastian Günther
<samson@guenther-roetgen.de> wrote:
> * Umarzuki Mochlis (umarzuki@gmail.com) [27.01.09 04:27]:
>> I tried making boot-time script for deluge like below
>>
>> #!/bin/bash
>> /usr/bin/deluge
>>
>> Then I ran update-rc.d to the deluge script hat I saved in /etc/init.d
>> # update-rc.d deluge defaults
>>
>> But when I rebooted my PC, it didn't start. Please tell me where I got it
>> wrong?
>>
>
> What exactly are you trying to achieve?
> If want to autostart deluge when you login, this is the wrong way to do
> it.
>
> If you are searching for system service, which runs even if you are not
> logged in: stick with bittorent, since it does not require X to run...
>

rtorrent is another command-line client:

http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/

I think it has more features than the bittorrent client.

Michael M.
--
"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within
limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add
'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's
will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."
--Thomas Jefferson


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:00 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org