Old 01-26-2009, 10:20 PM
Rodolfo Medina

Default Problems with installation of OpenOffice 3.0

>From openoffice web site I downloaded the tarball
OOo_3.0.0_LinuxIntel_install_wJRE_en-US.tar.gz and installed it in my Debian
system. But then, when I start openoffice, it fails with the following error
message:

$ openoffice.org3
/opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice: line 124: /opt/openoffice.org3/program/../basis-link/program/pagein: No such file or directory
/opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libuno_sal.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

. Anybody who has a direct experience on the matter, who installed OpenOffice
from tarball?

Thanks for any help
Rodolfo