-   -   OT: Iceweasel strange behaviour on eBay (UK) (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/234962-ot-iceweasel-strange-behaviour-ebay-uk.html)

"Michal R. Hoffmann" 01-26-2009 08:36 PM

OT: Iceweasel strange behaviour on eBay (UK)

A bit off-topic. Recently I noticed a strange behaviour of Iceweasel
while I'm using eBay. On some auctions it shows a warning message screen
instead of the auction:

-----------
Dear User:

Unfortunately, access to this particular listing or item has been
blocked due to a Paris commercial court decision that bans trade of
certain authentic perfumes and cosmetic products on eBay.......

-----------

Why, I'd understand if the seller or me lived in France, but not in the UK?

But even more strange is when I open evince or even Iceweasel with
another (clean) profile it works fine and displays the auction
correctly. I thought it might have been one of extensions I installed,
but no, when I start Iceweasel in safe mode - it's still the same
problem. I cleared the browser cache, history - it didn't help.

Where can I look then? What can cause this strange behaviour?

Not sure if it does matter; I use Debian Sid, amd64, Gnome.
--
Kind regards,
Michal R. Hoffmann

"Michal R. Hoffmann" 01-27-2009 11:12 PM

OT: Iceweasel strange behaviour on eBay (UK)

A bit off-topic. Recently I noticed a strange behaviour of Iceweasel
while I'm using eBay. On some auctions it shows a warning message screen
instead of the auction:

-----------
Dear User:

Unfortunately, access to this particular listing or item has been
blocked due to a Paris commercial court decision that bans trade of
certain authentic perfumes and cosmetic products on eBay.......

[cut]

Found the reason - it was Quick Locale Switcher extension's fault. It
auto-updated languages list, also adding French. And it seems that eBay
detects that locale setting and displays the warning message instead of
the auction.

--
Kind regards,
Michal R. Hoffmann