-   -   CUPS printing without server? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/234936-cups-printing-without-server.html)

Sarunas Burdulis 01-26-2009 07:02 PM

CUPS printing without server?

"Todd A. Jacobs" 02-01-2009 04:39 PM

CUPS printing without server?

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 03:02:21PM -0500, Sarunas Burdulis wrote:

> You may have to tell your CUPS client where the server is by adding
> ServerName <your_cups_server_name>
> to /etc/cups/client.conf

This helped, thanks. It was hard to find in the documentation, though.
However, it's only part of the problem. Once set, I get:

$ lpq
lpq: error - no default destination available.

I can fix this by setting a default printer in ~/.cups/lpoptions, but it
seems that if I'm using a remote queue I should be using the default
queue on the remote server.

Even if it doesn't do this automatically, I ought to be able to set it
manually but:

$ sudo lpadmin -d hpoj
lpadmin: Forbidden

So, what am I doing wrong here?