-   -   color calibrating the display (in software) (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/234689-color-calibrating-display-software.html)

Micha Feigin 01-26-2009 12:47 PM

color calibrating the display (in software)

I'm looking for a way to create a color calibration profile for my display
under linux.

I'm currently using a profile I created with adobe gamma under vmware and
loaded with xcalib.

I tried creating a new profile with lprof and everything seems good up to the
point of saving it, but loading the resulting profile with xcalib doesn't
change anything on screen unlike with the adobe gamma profile.

Am I miss using lprof, is it not the right tool for the job or is there another
way to create the profile?

Thanks

Johannes Wiedersich 01-26-2009 03:05 PM

color calibrating the display (in software)