Old 01-26-2009, 06:36 AM
Ron Johnson

Default can we capture (grab) xorg clipboard information directly without pressing middle button?

On 01/26/2009 01:28 AM, Mitchell Laks wrote:

Hi,

I am curious. Lets say I highlight some text, in a document and
it "gets sent to the clipboard". (xclipboard seems to be a client
not the clipboard itself).

Have you tried parcellite/glipper/klipper, xclip or xsel?

Is there a way to capture that data directly, without middle
click into a text destination, so that I can then manipulate that
data with a program, perhaps tied to a hotkey sequence.

Here is a use case.

I have a big document that I will want to do a regexp
manipulation on and then paste.

????

Meaning that you don't want to save the changes in the original
document?

Can I do that in one step by
binding to a hotkey sequence?

One step instead of *two* steps?

Where is the data stored after I highlight text??

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

Old 01-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Celejar

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 10:40:47 -0500
Mitchell Laks <mlaks@post.harvard.edu> wrote:

> > Hint: I found these suggestions using
> >
> > $ apt-cache search clipboard
> >

> Brilliant!
>
> I was using apropos clipboard
> which did not help!

FTR, apropos will only find stuff that's already installed on your
system, while apt-cache search gives you anything available in your
repositories.

Celejar