Old 01-25-2009, 10:43 AM
Tzafrir Cohen

Default ext4 as default FS ?

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 01:31:29PM +0200, Γιώργος *άλλας wrote:
> Does anybody know when (and if) will ext4 be the default installation
> filesystem of debian testing?

First off, Lenny will have to be released. Only then a kernel that
actually supports ext4 properly may be included in Ustable / Testing.

As for making it the default: not that it is my call, but it does not
look like a sane default for now. Most rescue disks around don't support
it yet. It has not gone through enough testing. If you know you want it,
select it explicitly.

That said, I figure that it is likely to be mature enough by the time
Squeeze is frozen. And hence it may become the default some time at the
Squeeze cycle.

http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
tzafrir@cohens.org.il | | best
ICQ# 16849754 | | friend