Old 01-24-2009, 07:45 AM
Umarzuki Mochlis

Default Pixma iP1000 printer driver on Lenny AMD64

Anyone ever configured this printer on debian 64 bit? Or any canon printer on lenny 64?

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://gameornot.net

Old 01-24-2009, 03:49 PM
steef

Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
Anyone ever configured this printer on debian 64 bit? Or any canon
printer on lenny 64?

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://gameornot.net
no not on a 64_machine. i configured a mp220 on a 32 bits lenny_machine
with the gutenprint mp150_driver. xsane does not work unfortunately.

reg.,

steef

Old 01-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Andrew Sackville-West

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 04:45:40PM +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
> Anyone ever configured this printer on debian 64 bit? Or any canon printer
> on lenny 64?

on lenny 32 we use packages from:

http://mambo.kuhp.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~takushi/

with decent results on a pixma iP1500. I really don't know if that's
portable to 64 bits or not, but it might be a starting point.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:25 AM
Jaime Ochoa Malagón

I use to have that printer but the only free drivers are only 32 bits
and I doubt that change my solution was an a 32bits chroot to run cups
and print remote due to the sock is not visible outside the
chroot......

Turboprint also work but it's not free...

good luck

--
Perhaps the depth of love can be calibrated by the number of different
selves that are actively involved in a given relationship.

Carl Sagan (Contact)

Jaime Ochoa Malagón
Arquitecto de Soluciones
Cel: +52 (55) 1021 0774

Old 01-26-2009, 01:44 PM

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 04:45:40PM +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
> Anyone ever configured this printer on debian 64 bit? Or any canon printer
> on lenny 64?

Unfortuantely Canon seems to be very unfriendly to others writing
drivers for their products.

Epson and HP on the other hand are much more open (HP even writes open
source drivers and releases thim, while epson at least seems to provide
documentation requried to write drivers).

I have used many epson inkjets with linux without issues, and many
postscript printers. Can't go wrong with postscript of course.

For linux use though, Canon is best avoided (and personally I think
their print quality means they are best avoided all together).

--
Len Sorensen