Old 01-24-2009, 02:30 AM
Umarzuki Mochlis

Default Ticketing system

Recommend me a nice, easy to use free and open source software for support ticketing system on linux adn please tell me why do you like it

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://gameornot.net

Old 01-24-2009, 03:52 AM
Allan Wind

On 2009-01-24T11:30:45, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
> Recommend me a nice, easy to use free and open source software for support
> ticketing system on linux adn please tell me why do you like it

We use Request Tracker 3.6 at work. It has a functional web interface,
nice search capabilities, a couple of canned reports that I use, and
can be extended via scripts as needed:

http://bestpractical.com/rt/

The relevant packages in Debian are:

rt3.6-apache2 (or rt3.6-apache)
rt3.6-clients

/Allan
--
Allan Wind
Life Integrity, LLC

Old 01-24-2009, 03:52 AM
Ron Johnson

Recommend me a nice, easy to use free and open source software for
support ticketing system on linux adn please tell me why do you like it

What kind of tickets? Speeding tickets?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

Old 01-24-2009, 07:41 AM
Tzafrir Cohen

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 11:30:45AM +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
> Recommend me a nice, easy to use free and open source software for support
> ticketing system on linux adn please tell me why do you like it

Plenty. They are also called "bug tracking system". There are a number
of those in Debian.

http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
tzafrir@cohens.org.il | | best
ICQ# 16849754 | | friend

Old 01-24-2009, 09:17 AM
Ivan Marin

On 2009-01-24T11:30:45, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

> Recommend me a nice, easy to use free and open source software for support

> ticketing system on linux adn please tell me why do you like it

We use Request Tracker 3.6 at work. *It has a functional web interface,

nice search capabilities, a couple of canned reports that I use, and

can be extended via scripts as needed:
Does anyone uses an ticket tracker like Trac? And what about integration with web CMS and git? Does anyone has experience with that?
*

Old 01-24-2009, 10:27 AM
Javier Barroso

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 4:30 AM, Umarzuki Mochlis <umarzuki@gmail.com> wrote:
> Recommend me a nice, easy to use free and open source software for support
> ticketing system on linux adn please tell me why do you like it
otrs is good for tickets, it has hierarquical queues/tickets. If you
want tickets for dev, take a look on redmine.

Old 01-24-2009, 10:43 AM
Tzafrir Cohen

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 08:17:26AM -0200, Ivan Marin wrote:
> 2009/1/24 Allan Wind <allan_wind@lifeintegrity.com>
>
> > On 2009-01-24T11:30:45, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
> > > Recommend me a nice, easy to use free and open source software for
> > support
> > > ticketing system on linux adn please tell me why do you like it
> >
> > We use Request Tracker 3.6 at work. It has a functional web interface,
> > nice search capabilities, a couple of canned reports that I use, and
> > can be extended via scripts as needed:
>

> Does anyone uses an ticket tracker like Trac? And what about integration
> with web CMS and git? Does anyone has experience with that?

We use trac. It has very good integration with SVN (which is what we use
it with). It should also integration for other version control systems,
but I never got to try that.

Hoowever the bug tracker component of trac is rather limited if you
consider it as a generic bug tracker. I would not recommend it as such.

http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
tzafrir@cohens.org.il | | best
ICQ# 16849754 | | friend

Old 01-24-2009, 12:11 PM
"S. Fishpaste"

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 11:30:45 +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis in gmane.linux.debian.user wrote:
> --000e0cd32d0688f31d0461322141
>
> Recommend me a nice, easy to use free and open source software for support
> ticketing system on linux adn please tell me why do you like it

Sounds like a homework question -- Call me crazy but ...

S. Fishpaste

Old 01-24-2009, 03:26 PM
Umarzuki Mochlis

2009/1/24 S. Fishpaste <SDA@deer-in-the-headlights.ca.invalid>

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 11:30:45 +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis in gmane.linux.debian.user wrote:

> --000e0cd32d0688f31d0461322141

> Recommend me a nice, easy to use free and open source software for support

> ticketing system on linux adn please tell me why do you like it

Sounds like a homework question -- Call me crazy but ...

haha...I'm not a college boy anymore. If that's what you mean. A friends asked me about it but I never tried any.

S. Fishpaste

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://gameornot.net

Old 01-26-2009, 04:35 PM
Steve Witt

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

Recommend me a nice, easy to use free and open source software for support
ticketing system on linux adn please tell me why do you like it

We use gnats and gnatsweb at my work. It is easy to administer, which was
a prime consideration in its selection, but also does the basic
ticket/problem report tracking function.