Old 01-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Сергей Овчар

Default Problem with printer Canon iP1800

Can anyone help me adjust the printer?

I use files:
cnijfilter-common_2.70-3_i386.deb
cnijfilter-ip1800series_2.70-3_i386.deb
and after my attempt to install the, I've got this error

--------------------------
invoke-rc.d: unknown initscript, /etc/init.d/cupsys not found.
dpkg: error processing cnijfilter-ip1800series (--install):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 100
cnijfilter-ip1800series

Old 01-23-2009, 09:49 PM
"Eugene V. Lyubimkin"

Сергей Овчар wrote:
> Can anyone help me adjust the printer?
>
> I use files:
> cnijfilter-common_2.70-3_i386.deb
> cnijfilter-ip1800series_2.70-3_i386.deb
> and after my attempt to install the, I've got this error
>
> --------------------------
> invoke-rc.d: unknown initscript, /etc/init.d/cupsys not found.
> dpkg: error processing cnijfilter-ip1800series (--install):
> subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 100
> cnijfilter-ip1800series
> --------------------------
>
> How can I solve the problem?
It seems that that debs are not from Debian archive, and they don't know about latest
changes in Debian, so request third-party packagers to upgrade their packages. Debian
Lenny has /etc/init.d/cups, not /etc/init.d/cupsys.

Ukrainian C++ developer, Debian Maintainer, APT contributor

Old 01-23-2009, 09:54 PM
"Clifford W. Hansen"

On Friday 23 January 2009 23:46:49 Сергей Овчар wrote:
> Can anyone help me adjust the printer?
>
> I use files:
> cnijfilter-common_2.70-3_i386.deb
> cnijfilter-ip1800series_2.70-3_i386.deb
> and after my attempt to install the, I've got this error
>
> --------------------------
> invoke-rc.d: unknown initscript, /etc/init.d/cupsys not found.
> dpkg: error processing cnijfilter-ip1800series (--install):
> subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 100
> cnijfilter-ip1800series
> --------------------------
>
> How can I solve the problem?

I wrote a post[1] about getting this printer setup

sorry for the shameless plug

[1] http://nighthawk.co.za/2008/07/canon-ip1800/
--
Thank you,