Old 01-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Countable Infinity

Default How to remove automatically installed packages when nothing depends on them?

When I installed xfce4-terminal, it automatically installed
libxfce4mcs-manager3, libxfce4util4, etc. But now if I do:

aptitude purge xfce4-terminal

it does not remove these libs that were installed automatically.

Is there a way to remove these automatically installed packages when
nothing depends on them any more?

Old 01-23-2009, 08:05 PM
"Eugene V. Lyubimkin"

Countable Infinity wrote:
> When I installed xfce4-terminal, it automatically installed
> libxfce4mcs-manager3, libxfce4util4, etc. But now if I do:
>
> aptitude purge xfce4-terminal
>
> it does not remove these libs that were installed automatically.
>
> Is there a way to remove these automatically installed packages when
> nothing depends on them any more?
Try running 'aptitude purge'.

Ukrainian C++ developer, Debian Maintainer, APT contributor

Old 01-24-2009, 01:36 AM
Nuno Magalh„es

Try deborphan or, better orphaner

Nuno Magalh„es