Old 01-23-2009, 06:50 AM
Girish Kulkarni

Default xpdf segfaults

Hi,

I use Etch x86_64.

My xpdf (3.01-9.1+etch5) was working all right until now, before it
suddenly started giving a Segmentation Fault. I wonder if this has
happened to anyone before.

I prefer not to use Evince or Adobe Acrobat Reader -- which anyway is
a problem to run on x86_64 -- but I have no clue about how to get xpdf
working again. (Yes, I have tried reinstalling it.)

Thanks,
Girish.

--
Girish Kulkarni - Allahabad, India - http://girish.50webs.com

Old 02-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi

Girish Kulkarni wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use Etch x86_64.
>
> My xpdf (3.01-9.1+etch5) was working all right until now, before it
> suddenly started giving a Segmentation Fault. I wonder if this has
> happened to anyone before.
>
> I prefer not to use Evince or Adobe Acrobat Reader -- which anyway is
> a problem to run on x86_64 -- but I have no clue about how to get xpdf
> working again. (Yes, I have tried reinstalling it.)

If it is repeatable with any pdf file, please file a bug. If the problem is
specific to one pdf file, then look at how it was created.

raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/